Create this trio in a snap—with layers of paper and glittery holiday accents!
Crepe Paper Trees
Designed by Rebekah Meier
• The Dow Chemical Company STYROFOAM Brand Foam 6”, 8”, and 9” cones
• 2”-wide crepe paper rolls in cream, pink, red, and white
• Vintage Christmas tags*
• 1/4”-wide silk ribbon (cream color), fine antique color glitter, fine gold wire, glitter glue, large box of straight pins, scissors, small ball ornaments (three), small paintbrush, sprigs of Christmas greenery, white craft glue
*Available through K&Company
1. Place crepe paper strip even with bottom of cone, and pin in place. Continue pinning crepe paper strips around cone. Gather strips while pinning them, creating pleats; secure with pins. When beginning a new row, overlap paper approximately 1/2” over previous row. Continue adding new rows of paper around each cone, alternating colors. Final row of paper should be folded over top of cone, and pinned in place.
2. Paint a thin layer of craft glue onto ball ornament. While still wet, apply glitter. Shake off excess and let dry.
3. Use tip of scissors to make a small indentation at top of each cone. Insert glittered ball into hole and secure with glue.
4. Tie a ribbon bow around ball, then secure tag to top of cone with wire. Adhere Christmas sprigs to the top of cone.
5. Highlight each tag with glitter glue.
This project submitted courtesy of The Dow Chemical Company
The Dow Chemical Company