Designer Terry Loewen is sharing a perfect weekend stitchery with Create & Decorate readers. Simple stitches and minimal color changes create this sweet piece that may be finished into a framed piece, or even used to dress up a plain towel!
What a perfect way to welcome summer!
designed by Terry Loewen
For product information, see sources below.
DMC embroidery floss in No. 4065 and No. 4240 (use one strand for design)
Muslin or similar fabric, a small piece
28 ct. linen in No. 76W White
No. GBFRM10 5” x 7” frame
Alphabet rubber stamps and brown ink (optional), double-sided fabric tape, embroidery needle, foam core (a 5” x 7” piece), washable fabric marker
See pattern below.
1. Transfer design to embroidery linen, then place in hoop.
2. Stitch flowers with 10 – 12 wrap bullion knots, stems with stem stitch, and leaves with a daisy stitch.
3. Stamp “lavender” on muslin (or transfer the letters as a pattern), then sew a running stitch.
4. Place double-sided fabric tape on foam core and stretch design over tape and around to back; secure with a bit of tape.
5. Place completed piece in frame.
Sources of supplies
The DMC Corporation
Wichelt Imports, Inc.