We are nearly dreaming of a white Christmas. We have been watching the snow fall all day out our NJ office windows, and figured that today was the perfect time to share a sparkly ornament project!
It’s hard to concentrate with all of that sparkle out there! We know it puts you in the mood to craft, too… so here you go:
These ornaments are perfect for the tree, or used as package tie-ons. Easy enough to complete in a night, so make your list and sleigh ride on over to the craft store for your supplies!
designed by Roxi Phillips
For product information, see sources below.
• Krylon Glitter Blast
Lucky Green, Silver Flash, and Sparkling Waters
• Canning jar rings
• Large and small jingle bells
• Holiday cookie cutters
• Embellishments of choice (such as various ribbon, strings, decorative berries, and paper evergreen sprigs)
• Craft glue, ornament hangers, scissors, string
1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray ornaments on all sides with Glitter Blast colors; repeat if necessary to achieve desired coverage. Allow to dry completely.
2. Apply Sealer to glittered ornaments and allow to dry.
3. Embellish ornaments as described below:
wreath: Adhere paper evergreen sprigs to front of canning jar ring, near top. Adhere decorative berries over sprigs. Tie a bow around top of wreath with coordinating ribbon; trim bow ends. Attach ornament hanger.
cookie cutter: Tie small jingle bells to each end of an 8” length of string, then tie string to center top of ornament so they dangle into center. Tie a coordinating ribbon to top of each ornament. Attach ornament hanger.
bells: Simply tie a wide white ribbon bow to top of each ornament; trim ends. Attach ornament hanger.
This project submitted courtesy of Krylon.