white holly wreath
designed by Patty Schaffer
Accented with white glitter for true vintage charm, this wreath is sure to set a festive holiday mood.
For product information, see sources below.
• The Dow Chemical Company STYROFOAM brand foam 10” white beveled wreath
• White fabric, a 30” x 30” piece
• Darice red berry garland
• 8-1/2” x 11” white linen cardstock (12 sheets), crystal glitter (white), glitter glue, paper trimmer, pins, ruler, scissors, small paintbrush
1. Cut white fabric into 1-1/2” strips.
2. Wrap strips around wreath, pinning ends to secure, until completely covered.
3. Cut cardstock into 1-1/2” wide strips, then trim strips into 2-1/2” and 3” lengths.
4. Freehand cut holly leaves from short paper strips and pin leaves to wreath, working in a clockwise direction. Layer leaves to hide pins. Cover top, as well as inside and outside edges of wreath.
5. Visually divide wreath into fifths and place a cluster of red berries at these spots as you work your way around wreath. Use pins to secure berries and work white leaves in among them.
6. Add a few more berries here and there throughout wreath as you fill it in with leaves.
7. When wreath is completely covered in leaves, work a section at a time by brushing glitter glue on edges of leaves and sprinkling white glitter over wet glue. Tap off excess.
8. Work your way around wreath, covering edges of all the leaves with glitter.
The Dow Chemical Company
This project submitted courtesy of The Dow Chemical Company.
So pretty! The glitter just glistens. Pinned to Amazing Wreaths (Styrofoam) and Tweeted, too. Thanks for sharing. Sharon