Today we are sharing an afghan that has a wonderfully reminiscent look, with a nod toward the granny square.
Bloomin’ circles throw
Design courtesy of Herrschners
• Herrschners Worsted Weight Yarn
–Burgundy (7oz/200g): CD Celadon (7oz/200g): CA Forest (7oz/200g): CF Frost Pink (3.5oz/100g): CC Frost Teal (7oz/200g): CB Turquoise (3.5oz/100g): CE White (24.5oz/700g): MC
• Size J-10 (6.0mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
• Tapestry needle
• Gauge is 5” (13cm). Exact gauge is essential for project to be proper size. As you begin, make a sample swatch per the instructions using recommended yarn and hook. After you complete swatch, measure it, counting stitches and rows carefully. If swatch is larger or smaller than specified, change hook size and make another swatch to get correct gauge. Keep trying until you find hook size that will give you specified gauge. • Stitches used are chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), and double crochet (dc)
• Machine wash and dry on a gentle cycle. motif
1. Rnd 1: Ch 3 (stand for first dc here and throughout), dc in third ch from hook, ch 2, (2 dc in same ch, ch 2) 5 times, sl st in top of beg ch-3. (12 dc and 6ch-2 sps). Fasten off.
2. Rnd 2: Join next color with sl st in any ch-2 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next sp; rep from * 4 more times, sl st in top of beg ch-3. Fasten off.
3. Rnd 3: Join MC with sl st in any ch-2 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, *dc in each of the next 4 dc, )2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next sp; rep from * around, sl st in top of beg ch-3. Fasten off. Weave in all ends.
1. Referring to Placement Diagram and working through front loops only, whipstitch hexagons together.
1. With MC, attach in any st next to a corner. Work rev sc in each ch stitch around, working 2 st in corners (to lay flat). Take care to not pull tight and cause cupping of edges. Weave in any loose ends.
This project submitted courtesy of Herrschners.
Please visit Herrschners website for more inspiration and projects.