Hot off the press from our May/June 2014 issue, this recipe makes a large loaf for you and a little one to give away. Or you can double the recipe and make three large loaves. It is also good with a basic confectionary sugar glaze, but I like to keep it plain to slice and toast for breakfast.
for your country kitchen recipe courtesy of Lyn Slade
Blueberry Almond Bread
• 1/2 C butter
• 3/4 C sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp. pure almond extract
• 1 C plain yogurt
• 2 C flour
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 C chopped or slivered almonds
• 1 C blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease an 8-1/2” x 4-1/2” bread pan and a 6” x 3-1/2” bread pan.
3. Cream butter, add sugar, and beat well. Add eggs and extract and beat again.
4. Add half the dry ingredients and half the yogurt. Mix to combine. Repeat.
5. Add almonds and blueberries and mix by hand until incorporated.
6. Fill the two pans and bake the smaller loaf for 35 minutes and the larger loaf for 65 minutes.