The world’s favorite season is the spring.
All things seem possible in May. ~Edwin Way Teale
With this block we bring you the fifth design in the monthly cross stitch blog series, designed by Terry Loewen. This cross stitch series offers you an embroidered design of the same size to change every month just as you change your calendar picture!
Monthly cross stitch series—May
designed by Terry Loewen
For product information, see sources below.
• Wichelt Imports Jobelan in No. 429-512 Blueberry
• DMC embroidery floss in Blanc, No. 550, No. 553, No. 554, No. 3051, No. 3052, No. 3053
• Mill Hill
—Petite Glass Seed Beads in No. 42029 Tapestry Teal
—Glass Treasures in No. 12028 Medium Tulip Matte Rosaline and 12029 Small Bell Flower Marbled Blue
• 6” x 6” frame of choice, double sided tape, embroidery hoop, foamcore, iron and ironing surface, needle, scissors
See chart below.
Note: Grid size is 75W x 75H and design area is 4.93” x 4.71” (69 x 66 stitches). Do not attach beads before pressing dry or fabric will pucker and not dry around beads.
1. Following chart, stitch design. French knots are done in No. 554, and backstitches are done in No. 553 and 3051.
2. When design is complete, cut foamcore to fit frame.
3. Handwash stitched design gently in cool water, then gentlysqueeze out excess water.
4. Press face down to dry.
5. Stitch on beads with coordinating thread.
6. Center stitchery on foamcore with double sided tape and press down. Place in frame.
The DMC Corporation
Mill Hill Beads
Wichelt Imports, Inc.
Find the other block charts and instructions on our blog, too!