Spring has sprung, and this sweet sewing pocket by designer Terry Loewen will remind you to get outside and enjoy the sunshine…with your sewing basket by your side, of course!
spring bunny sewing pocket
designed by Terry Loewen
For product information, see sources below.
Homespun, two 5-1/2″ x 10″ pieces
DMC embroidery floss in No. 611
Wichelt 30 ct. linen in No. 25B Natural Brown
DMC embroidery floss in No. 611, No. 612, No. 632, No. 644, No. 730, No. 732, No. 830, No. 3857, No. 3861, No. 3865, No. 4065
for both pieces
Iron and ironing surface, mild soap and water, sewing machine
See Chart below.
1. Embroider design using two strands of floss over two threads of linen. Set aside.
2. Hand wash in cool water, let dry, then press.
3. Cut homespun to measurements specified. With right-sides together, sew, leaving 1/4″ seam allowance and leaving bottom open.
4. Turn right-side out, fold in half, and press, turning bottom opening in. Cut embroidery to fit front of pouch with just enough to turn under. Press.
5. Place embroidered piece on front of pouch and using three strands of No. 611, blanket stitch around, closing bottom of pouch as you go.
6. When you get to the top, make button hole loop, then blanket stitch over loop tightly.
7. Sew button onto back.
The DMC Corporation
Wichelt Imports, Inc.